Research Globally - Learn Locally
HGF Membership Renewal for 2020
All HGF 2019 memberships expire on December 31 of this year.
HGF members receive a number of very nice benefits including significantly reduced registraton fees for our all-day Seminars, the ability to read and download copies of our speakers' handouts,and online acces to the HGF publication, The Genealogical Record. HGF's two all-day Seminars for this Spring are Writing Your Family History and Organizing Your Family Reserach, two topics almost all genaealogists need a bit of help with. Speaker handouts which members can access include those from our Fall speakers: Victoria Woo on planning your genealogical estate, Irene Walters on many methods for overcoming your brick walls, and James Beidler on resources for German genealogy.
Membership fees for 2020 are the same as for 2019:
- Individual Memberships - $ 25.00
- Family Memberships - $ 35.00
Renewing your membersip online is straightforward:
- Log onto the website. Once you've logged on, you'll see your name under the picture in the uppper right corner of the web page.
- Click on Member Resources in the left menu and then on Profile to take you to your membership page.
- Click on Renew Membershp to see your membership plan and payment options.
- Choose whether you wish to pay with a credit card through PayPal or by mail with a check.
- Click in the small grey box and enter the number which appears in the white box. This is a web security feature.
- Proceed with you payment option
Discovering our German Ancestors
HGF's Fall Seminar with nationally known German family heritage researcher James Beidler was a great success. Over 60 HGF members learned how to access German church records which may hold the story of their ancestors' lives, the reasons immigrants left 18th and 19th century Germany, and the places they settled in America. James' handouts provide many references for further research, most of which are online.
HGF members can view and download these handouts and those from previous speakers by logging into the website and going to Speaker Handouts under Member Resources on this webpage.
Seminar attendees also placed magnetic pushpins on a map of Germany to locate their ancestors' home towns. Many discovered that their ancestors lived in the same areas as other Seminar participants.
HGF members can have their ancestors' surnames, home locations, and dates appear in the Surname Research section of our website
To post your ancestors information, HGF members can go to the Profile section under Member Resources and enter their information under the Surnames tab. Folks researching the same surnames and areas can share research.